The Smoothie project is always looking for help, whatever your skills are, there are things you can do to improve the project with the other volunteers, if you feel like you could give us some of your free time, please contact us.
Step by step guides
- Configuring Smoothie : Configuration and use, by module
- Motion control : All things related to gcode interpolation, motion and acceleration planning, and step generation
- Extruder : Control extruders for 3D printing
- Temperaturecontrol : Heat and cool things like hotends and heated beds
- Laser : For cutting
- Endstops : For homing
- Spindle : Control your spindle motor with G-code
- Switch : Quickly create custom G-code ⇆ Input/Output mapping without needing to write a custom module, like to control a fan
- TemperatureSwitch : Automatically turn/on a device based on a threshold temperature
- ZProbe : For probing, levelling, and automated calibration
- Drillingcycles : Canned drilling cycles support
- Filament-detector : Use an encoder to check filament is pushed correctly
- Player : Play files from the SD card
- Currentcontrol : Digitally control your stepper motors current
- AdvancedMotorDriver : For controlling SPI based stepper motor controllers like DRV8711 and TMC26X
- Configurator : Manipulate configuration using console commands
- Panel : Drive smoothie directly without a host using things like lcd screens and click encoders
- Using Smoothie : General firmware use
- Troubleshooting : It doesn't work (ノo益o)ノ彡┻━┻ ! ! What to do ∩(︶▽︶)∩.
- MRI : In the very rare case smoothie code crashes
- Contributing :Â We need your help !
The firmware.bin fileNote, Smoothieboards come completely pre-flashed, you do not need to compile or flash the firmware, unless you want to upgrade to a newer version, or to contribute to the code.
Available now : SmoothieBoard, the modular and awesome, smoothie-dedicated CNC controller.
- Smoothieboards : all versions of the Smoothieboard hardware
- Pinout has diagrams of all pins on the board
- Pin usage has information on the use and capability of all pins
- Powerful ( 120Mhz, 32bit ) micro-controller.
- Easy to use and configure.
- Smooth, jerk-free motion and enabling higher speeds
- Can be used for CNC milling, laser cutting, and 3D printing.
- SD-Card support for configuration and executing G-code.
- Composite USB Mass Storage + Serial interface to host.
- Free email support (✿◠‿◠)
- Modular, event-driven design, allowing to add functionality easily without modifying the core. See the ModuleExample
- Designed to support non-Cartesian machines
- LPC1769 leaves lots of room for additional functionality.
- Strict process for acceptance of new code, to keep the project at high quality
- Heavily commented code
DonateThe Smoothie firmware is free and Open-Source software developed by awesome volunteers with the help of the community. If you find this software useful, want to say thanks and encourage development, please consider a donation :
It really helps.
- Todo : List of the things that are being worked on in the project. We need your help !
- HowItWorks : Walk-through the inner workings of Smoothie ( °٢° )
- ModuleExample : Basics of working with Modules in Smoothie
- Listofevents : List of all Events you can register for
- Developers-Guide : Information useful to smoothie coders
- LPC1769 pin usage : Documents all the pins used and which are spare
- DebuggingSmoothie : Using the built-in MRI serial debugger
- Eclipse : Using Eclipse IDE to build and debug
- Github : How to submit pull requests for Smoothie
- Third Party Branches : a list of useful branches to smoothie that may be helpful to some but are not included in the main branch
- Smoothie developer IRC forum on IRC in #smoothiedev @ irc.freenode.net
- Current edge build status:
- Last modified: 5 days ago
- by arthur