Third party branches
Note to devs : Please list pointers to branches to the smoothie firmware that others may be interested in.
- Least squares levelling : Another auto-calibration method, originally by DC42 in ReprapFirmware.
- OpenTrons : A custom fork that supports 6-axis movement ( but is not yet stable ) and some opentron-specific features
- Multiple Grids : Allows use of multiple grids for grid levelling
- Reprap Morgan : A fork with features optimized for the Reprap Morgan architecture
- Ditto Printing : A fork with branch features/ditto-printing to enable one or more secondary extruders to duplicate the movements of the primary, using RepRap gcode “M605 S2”
These are unsupportedIf you run into any kind of trouble using one of those branches, please make sure you test the -normal- Smoothie before reporting a problem. If the problem exists only in the third party branch but not in the main Smoothie, please contact the branch's author instead of the main team.
Not up to dateMost or all of those branches are not regularly ( or ever ) updated to the latest Smoothie releases. This means they will probably lack most recent features ( possibly a lot of them ) and bug fixes.
Ports to other platforms or MCU
Ports of other firmwares to Smoothieboard
- grbl-LPC is a version of GRBL 1.1 that runs on the Smoothieboard
How to use a branch in your machine
- First, go to the link for the github page of that branch
- Click the green Clone or Download button
- Click on Download ZIP
- Uncompress the ZIPÂ file
- You can now follow the instructions at compiling-smoothie exactly as you would for the edge branch