All software below either knows how to interface with, or how to generate g-code for, Smoothieware.
- bCNC - Open-Source CNC host with great preview and other operations. Set machine type to smoothie. and add grbl_mode true to your smoothie config (Note: You must update to the latest version of Smoothieware to ensure compatibility with bCNC).
- OpenSCAM.org - Open-Source Simulation & Computer Aided Machining (Free 3-axis CNC Simulator which understands G-Code)
- CNC.js - Open-Source CNC host with lots of features, running in your browser.
- OpenSCAD.org - Open-Source CAD software.
- PyCAM - Open-Source CAM software.
- jscut - Open-Source in-browser CAM software.
- CamBam - Closed-Source, but cheap and feature-full CAM software. Widely used by hobbyists.
- Fusion360 - Closed-source CAM with very advanced features, free for hobby/fablab/small business.
- Universal Gcode Sender Host program
- Fabrica - Easy to use web control interface ( Host )
- This plugin for Fusion360 allows you to start your Gcode files from within Fusion360 directly using Universal Gcode Sender ( skipping the step of first saving the file in Fusion360, then opening it in Universal Gcode Sender )
LexiconA few words you will see in this documentation that require a bit of explanation :
- «Host» software is software that is used to “talk” to your Smoothieboard. It allows you to control the machine ( for example “jog” the axes ), to “stream” a G-code job, or to upload it to the SD card, things like that.
- «Slicing» software is software that is used to take a 3DÂ model file, and based on some settings you input, “slice” it into layers, and generate a G-code file that the Smoothieboard can then execute to print a thing.
- «CAM» software, or «CAM Package», for Computer Assisted Manufacturing, is software that is used to take a 3D or 3D file, and based on some settings you input, transform it into a list of tool movements ( G-code file ) for a machine that uses a tool to remove material from a workpiece.
- Last modified: 5 weeks ago
- by 220.127.116.11
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International