Was comparing M503 settings with another owner of the same printer that I own and was surprised regarding my X and Y steps per mm. Our E and Z settings were within the the ballpark (E was actually the same) of each other. While my X and Y steps/mm were nearly half of what his were.
X:80.3, Y:80.3, Z:1600, E: 97.2
X:44.485 Y:44.368 Z:1556.17 F:97.2
Our only guess was that somehow my stepper drivers for the X/Y axis' weren't running at 1/16 microsteps. I updated the firmware last week thinking that might somehow magically solve the problem - but sadly it didn't. I pulled a new config file, updated with my small changes (current to stepper, max speed, flows,etc), along with the new firmware - again no change in what my steps/mm needed to be.
Mind you my prints are coming out great - my test cubes are generally within ~0.05 of the intended size. I am more curious to see if I've done something wrong or if I missed something during my setup…